Fleet operations put your staff and vehicles in the dynamic environments of highways, remote roads, traffic congestions, and severe weather conditions. As a fleet operator or business owner, to save the business and to establish a better workplace, it is so important to employ the new technology solutions of fully digitized risk assessments included within the planning stages of the journey to identify any hazards or potential risks prior the start of the trip, to develop the proper measures and controls that guarantee the safety of your drivers, vehicles, and valuable assets and participate in increasing public safety.
Safee makes it easy for companies and organizations to benefit from its advanced journey management system features and its comprehensive risk assessment methodology that consists of three major steps:
- Building Risk Assessment Template. The main purpose of the risk assessment template is to ensure that the driver has the appropriate training, licenses, good health condition, and all requirements to complete the journey safely. Also ensuring the selection of the right vehicle with good condition for the journey.
Risk assessment depends basically on a combination of system-based information about vehicles and drivers and user-based information that should be provided by the operator.
To add a system item to the risk assessment template, you can select the target of that item between Vehicle or Driver, and choose the right property among a rich list of all available variables related to the chosen target. Determine the suitable operation and provide the right comparison value. Finally, set a weight for this item, it will be the score that results when the condition is met.
You can add users items to the risk assessment template, provide the text of the question the operator should answer when creating the journey. Of course, you can determine the question type whether it is one-selection or multi-selections. Finally, set the proper scores for the expected answers.
- Building Journey Policy. The journey policy is used to:
- Link between risk assessment template and specific drivers, vehicles, time-slots, starting date/time, … etc based on a set of dynamic filters.
- Determine the suitable operator of each group of journeys.
- Set approval/disapproval rules based on the risk assessment score results.
To define a policy you should go through the following steps:
- Provide the policy’s basic information: name, description, priority, … etc.
- Assign the policy to a group of journeys based on specific parameters.
- Choose the suitable operator to manage journeys that match the policy.
- Add some general restrictions to the policy: trigger type, start location, end location, … etc.
- Choose the appropriate risk assessment template for this policy.
- Set the default actions which will be considered if none of the entered rules are met.
- Create A Journey. To create a journey you should do the following:
- Enter journey’s basic information: journey title, validity date, vehicle, driver, passengers, reference number, journey description.
- Determine start trigger type, finish trigger type, start location, waypoints, restrictions on speed, distance, and duration.
- Select optimization parameters and define routing rules.
- Set recurrence rules for the journey which is repeated periodically.
- Enter the answers to the user-based questions to obtain the necessary information for the risk assessment.
Depending on the final results of the risk assessment, the journey will be in one of the three situations:
- direct approval for the journey.
- direct disapproval for the journey.
- approval request sent to a higher level management member to look into the situation and to make his own decision.
Via those three simple steps, Safee can ensure the safety of your journeys, drivers, vehicles, and assets, reducing the risk significantly across all your business. The system also guarantees that your fleet takes the best-optimized routes for more efficient operations and better cost savings.
The robust plans developed by Safee journey management and risk assessment system empower commercial fleets to benefit from:
- Eliminating unnecessary trips.
- Better fuel cost savings.
- Minimizing exposure to traffic hazards.
- Reducing crash risks.
- Increase road safety.
- Maintain fleet vehicles’ health.
- Reduce liability.
- Increase fleet efficiency and drivers productivity.
- Strengthen the business reputation and commitment
- Enhancing quality of service.
- Ensuring customers’ loyalty and satisfaction.